CAPTO is an intuitive device that combines a multi-functional rope grab, high-efficiency pulley, and integrated becket for easy hauling and ascending. Built around an innovative V-groove Cam, CAPTO is designed to handle rescue loads while providing force-limiting overload protection. CAPTO is available in gray for 10.5-11 mm (7/16 in) rope and red for 12.5-13 mm (1/2 in) rope. Both models are certified to NFPA General Use and the 11 mm CAPTO is also certified to EN 12841:2006/B (200 kg – two-person rescue load rating), EN 567:2013, and EN 12278:2007 (36 kN).
Comes with CMC Capto Soft Shackle
- Combines a rope grab, pulley, and becket in a compact device for hauling & ascending.
- Incorporates a force-limiting V-groove Cam designed to provide overload protection.
- Installs quickly on tensioned and un-tensioned lines, no need for knots or hitches.
- Opens one-handed and gives simultaneous access to components for rapid rigging.
- Builds efficient M/A systems and smoothly progresses from a 3:1 to a 5:1 M/A.
- Releases and resets easily, even after high loading, making it ideal for rescues.
- Travels down rope in vertical systems, resetting and maximizing the haul field.
- Allows installation of an accessory loop for remote resets and device stowage.
- Provides an integrated becket for M/A components, lanyards, and foot loops.
- Works well in combination with piggy back systems and additional CAPTOs.
- Replaces multiple devices in one, streamlining training and operations.
- Patented. Made in the USA.
- Multi-functional rope grab with a force-limiting V-groove Cam
- High-efficiency, 44.5 mm (1.75 in) diameter sheave pulley
- Integrated becket independent from rope loading / unloading
- Moving sideplate with double-action release button
- Hollow cam axle for accessory loop installation (3.9 mm diameter)
- Ridged Cam Grip for one-handed device positioning
- CAPTO 11 mm Gray:
- GENERAL USE (G), ROPE GRAB, Ø 10.5-11 mm
- GENERAL USE (G), MBS 36 kN (8,093 Ibf) PULLEY*, Ø 13mm MAX
- EN 12841:2006/B; 200 kg, Ø 10.5-11 mm
- EN 567:2013; Ø 10.5-11 mm
- EN 12278:2007; 36 kN (18+18)*, Ø 13mm MAX
CMC Soft Shackle
CAPTO Soft Shackle installs through the CAPTO cam axle to provide an additional attachment point for smooth remote resets and easy device stowage on a harness or gear rack. It should not be considered a life-supporting or load bearing / rated attachment point.